14 May 2009

Growing...



Hopie @ the Ice cream Shop
Hopie @ the Ice cream Shop

This picture is hilarious, because as we found ourselves waiting at the Grocery Store, we stopped for a small ice cream, to satisfy some antsy children. We sat, we relished our little strawberry flavored ice cream, and then I heard Hope say that she wanted more. I said, 'no more, big girl', and turned to continue a conversation. The very next moment, I see a hand reaching out from behind the counter that we received the ice cream, handing her a small cone. WHAT! I  couldn't see the face so distinctly, just through the glass, but I knew that they were loving little Hopie. Charis, as the good girl that she is, stood up, and came next to Hope. Hope asks the lady again for another in a manner that spoke not language. Soon, another hand with  a little cone appears from around the glass to give to Charis. It was 'pushing it', yet, so cute all at the same time. Hopie's note to self: Ice cream smiles  cross all language barriers. Check.


Sisters are growing together
Sisters are growing together

Hopie sometimes runs to Charis when she gets disciplined. She feels that the only one in her corner is Charis, so she runs to her for comfort. This picture reminds me of that.


Buddy and I
Buddy and I


Charis & Jake dancing
Charis & Jake dancing

For Mother's Day, Charis' Preschool had a Hungarian Folk Dancing show for all of the mothers. I am sad that my camera was dying at this moment, but if you look, you can see Charis' cute skirt that they put on the girls, and they danced their little hearts out. It was so special to see what they had been learning while at school. I saw her mouth saying the words in another language, and felt so honored to see my child embrace what God has unfolded for her. Happy Mother's Day, Mommies!

No comments: