06 October 2009

The Fall Guy



As he fell to the ground, I almost walked on by. On account that he was throwing a fit for the fall, doesn't mean that I had fallen short of Compassion. It was actually kind of hard to walk right past my boy, as he banged his head in being so heated about it. He hurt himself as he fell. He wanted the very thing I had told him 'No' about, many of times. The Lesson I had learned in the very moment, though, when I raised him up to me was how much I loved him, even if he was disobeying, and further, hurting himself in his act of defiance.



The Hills are alive with the Sound of Music...AUSTRIA



The Hills are alive with the Sound of Music...AUSTRIA
Man, I love him so much, and as a parent, I can only understand a glimpse of God's pain for His People. And how He takes no offense, but picks us up to hold us in his arms....Each Time.
My Soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. Psalm 63:8
Her last swim of the season...
Her last swim of the season
So when I look at my kids and see the new things they are learning, it is my desire to not just see them look to God, but be a major defining factor in their endless choosing of God. I ponder these things a lot, as we have been growing in this new country.

Charis' First day of School
Charis' First day of School
Today, I noticed how big Charis is getting. Even though she's small, she is growing. Her little limbs just keep lengthening, her words keep on expanding, and her faith is keeping me in Awe. She memorizes scripture within moments, and then shares them with all. She is also reading and writing very well. She learned to do flips into the pool this summer, and do cartwheels, next to strong hand-stands that blow the on-lookers away! Her arms are strengthening as she brings the 'serious face' to show. She has a Champion heart for Gymnastics. Look for her 2016! (hee hee!)
At a park in Spittal, Austria
At a park in Spittal, Austria
Hopie is turning 3 in October, and I am finding myself staring at her, in love. I am constantly reminded of what We all went through, to bring this baby into the world. The Lord had her in His hands, and has a plan for her life. She is one step behind her sister in every thing she does. If it's Gymnastics, she'll try. If it's drawing, and naming shapes, she's trying. She is such a loving girl, who wants nothing but to be with us, and cuddle in our laps. She is a Happy Girl! She will be beginning Preschool next week, Oveda. My heart is a little heavy for sending her out into the village, but I know that she will do well. Please pray for this; a smooth transition, and peace in all of our hearts!


Hopie Having Fun!
Hopie Having Fun!


Buddy and I
Buddy and I
Justice is now 18 months, and on the brink of saying real words. The Gibberish is calculated, timed and stated. It's just becoming more clear these days! He's such a sassy, yet Happy Guy. His cute face keeps bringing people in! He tries to break most things in the house, so we are constantly pulling things out of his hands!
My Parents recently came for a visit and it was really amazing to have a piece of home here with us! We traveled to Austria and Italy together and stayed in the Calvary Chapel Castle in Austria. It was such a blessing, at times, to be looking out at something so beautiful, knowing my parents were in the same car experiencing it with us!


My Mom and Dad
My Mom and Dad
IMG_1633IMG_1726 














No comments: