06 February 2013

New Streets


I feel like, in the past 15 months, I have run a million roads. And if a million roads, then plenty of steps. I'm the type of person who likes to set out in the morning, after lacing up my shoes and going a new path each time.  In the last 3 months, right before we left the States, we found ourselves living in different cities, and in each, .. I found a new place to run. 
Many Hills and straights, and under and overs.
Time and again, people ask me the same question. 


"Are you training for something?"


And I often have to answer, "I'm just preparing.. . 
I'm preparing because 
something always comes up!"

But if you rewind the clock all the way back, to the still moments of dawn, before the sun awakes too, and as you sit at the edge of your bed, preparing to trade your pajamas for shoes,  even just mentally,  there is a moment of teetering to the comforts of slumber, and the rising of your day. Oh how my body scream-whispers, 'Go back to Bed, You're a mom!! And the kids are asleep; You need your rest!' But I must go. Not because I am stubborn; (I've never considered myself stubborn), but because I can't live my life with regrets. And, because just simply: I'm a runner.

I've noticed, that running 16 miles on a Saturday morning, has, Dare I say it, become one of my favorite things. Not because I love the beginning, no-no, but I always love the Reward of end. Being a Runner, doesn't just keep because you run. It's really a dedication, a discipline. (you may have heard me soap-box it up before) But I'm learning something new these days. A habit continues because You have 
                                             stacked 
                                    it  
                                   up 
                        behind you.
Those mornings you don't want to get up,
 You do. 
You do it, because there is a pattern formed behind you that cheers, and encourages you to keep going. 
And still, there's a course ahead of you, that you need to keep to.  With your water bottles, your music, your energy gels and the such, all packed in your running belt, you pound the pavement, one more time.
That's why these new streets, here in Vajta, Hungary are such a joy. I've already experienced snow, rain, freezing wind, and actually turn-downs, where I just couldn't run the weather. But knowing that I've put the discipline in before, even after pain, keeps my mind on track, and Lord-willing, I'll do it again.

That's a lot like it is in your spiritual walk with JESUS. There are days that you want to slumber, because your flesh screams, "I don't, I won't, I can't today!" But we need to persevere. It is always the most amazing blessing to be with Jesus, surrendering that fleshly dependance upon this world, and tasting the very JOYS of the Lord. Pray it through, Friends. It's been said: 
We Kneel Weak, We Rise In Power.

You put the days in, and knowing that as you move forward, many prayers cried out, many choices right-- behind you- makes your Walk stronger before you. Your quiet time a little quieter
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3
Discipline isn't easy when you begin.  There are things you have to say No to as well. 
One too many 
I began a "trial" last year. I recognized for a while that I didn't have a handle on sodas. I would pick one up whenever I pleased. Specifically Coke. 
I decided to put a line in the ground 
in the year 2012. 
One a month.12 sodas. 
..was all I was allowed.
That way I knew that I had the ability under control, and was still able to drink 'em! 
I realized that s l o w ly, 
                           by the 
                             end of the year, 
       I didn't really love it anymore. 
I thought about it, yes, monthly, but always seemed to push it back to the end of the month, and by the end of the year, it seemed too sweet!?? Yes. 12 sodas is all it took.
I put my flesh in check.
And now I have realized something. I don't need everything my heart wants. I can say no to my flesh. I think this put a beginning of understanding how to have self-control. 
      A Fruit of the Spirit!
And now I have a new flesh-check.
 I have begun to say no to EXTRA sugars for 2013. Now, things like Peanut butter and yogurts, etc.; things that are regular for me, I still pick up, and don't get me wrong, self-control is not always about food. But it's been my experience in these past few years, and I praise God for the diligence. (Believe me, I don't have it without Him).

Arriving in Hungary
 So a quick recap,It has been a whirlwind of moments in the last 3 months. We have been packing and moving, while living LIFE out of bags since early November! Keeping and Taking, while removing and excluding the domestic things of life! 
And now that we are at our Stationary Post, it is nice to lay our jet-lagged heads, and have a place to say "That's our house, right there, we live there," where our stuff can stay, and our Homeschooling books can be sprawled out! 
We are still finding the balance of juggling baby and Justice, while giving individual attentiveness for each subject and child! But God is good! He has always taken care of things!
Justice is now going into the Preschool (Oveda) in the village, with all-Hungarian speaking teaching 4 days a week! We love it, and so far, he does too!
People are taking a real liking to Cruzie, who is now 17 months along, and some even race to pick him up. Any chance he gets, he is spoken to in Hungarian, just like 'Buddy' was the first time we were here.
We are well into our second week of being here, and wow is it amazing! We feel very comfortable as far as being welcomed back into our old friends' community, while the children are able to run freely! What a blessing!
It's really cold throughout the day and night, where you wear a winter coat, not californian- style winter coat, but with mostly hats, gloves and scarves.
We are eating quite heartily up at the castle for both Lunch and Dinner. Sometimes soups, and salads and breads and pastas, so we are full!

Also, Just last night we had our first Home Fellowship, where we host about 12 other people in our home, get to know each other, and basically just create a 'homey' kind of place for people to be. A lot of us come from all over, speak different languages, but all in all, we're happy, and laugh- and eat goodies and coffee together. 
. . . . . . . . . . . .
I think I've learned a lot in this season of transition. One of which I have come to know that THINGS don't really matter. Only People. Our Family, our Friends, our Christian Family, You all mean so much to us, and we are blessed to fight in prayer along side of you. What a privilege!

 So what am I coming to?
 Am I training for something? 
Yes,  I am. . My life, our lives, are a preparation, a fine-tuning of always being ready. It's a Call. We may be walking different streets, and it may get tough, while twisting and changing, but we are still fighting the same fight. And God is Faithful. He always goes before us!
Thanks for reading! 
             In Jesus, 


Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, 
so that you may be careful to do everything
 written in it. 
Then you will be prosperous and successful. 
Joshua 1:8

"Satan trembles when he sees the weakest Christian saint upon their knees." 
~William Cowper, a Puritan Poet


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
caitlin LAWSON said...

Kimberly Beller,
your words bless me, this blog is SO great.
thaanks for the encouraging words.
-cait