20 April 2013

The Answer to Tragedy

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. 
Do not be afraid of sudden terror, Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;  
For the Lord will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught.

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, 
when it is in the power of your hand to do so. 
Proverbs 3:24-27

I'm no different than you. I felt--Feel it  the same as you. Possibly a little less, Maybe a bit more. This attack on the Boston Marathon is upsetting. Like a Scab being kicked hard once again. 
And so I have to write.

I've been running... and a viewer of it, since I was 6. My parents were the runners, and every where that they went, My brother and I would go too. I can remember my mom and dad running around the track, or running around the colleges, practicing, training with their running teams, groups, camaraderie. (<just learned how to truly spell that word.) We would just play, or do homework, or watch.
Soon, I grew, and took the baton of the sport in junior high, following in step with my brother to high school, and then college. But it was never really My Own- until I did it  when I didn't have to.  In the past few years, I have traded running, for becoming a Runner

There are only a few things I can call myself a fanatic of:
 Jesus& the things of Him; 
My Family, & Running
(...& maybe the t.v. show, Survivor)
Being a Runner, you conquer a lot of fears. You challenge what you didn't think you could do, and step over it. You set new goals, and then pursue dreams. It spills out all over the place onto other parts of your life too.
Besides setting goals, You endure pain. And I don't mean just simply twisting an ankle, or blisters, or icing your muscles after, but outlasting your momentary pains. When you're running purposeful, and long, your body feels it. You run through the pain. You persist and remain, because you know you just gotta get to that target, that goal you set, long before you begin. Then the Pain just dulls, and you keep swinging arms.
One thing I am realizing these days, is that when you feel like you want to give up, You have to recognize what's ahead. There's about to be the miracle. You have to look to the finish line and be there in your mind. 
To steal a line from my favorite show, 
"You gotta Outwit, Outlast, Outplay" 
yourself, because if you don't- you won't. Easy as that.
That's why I'm mad. 
This whole tragedy in Boston, 
first of all, hurts my heart-
 but also outrages me.

 I elect to talk about these kind of topics, to process with people, but barely do I write about them, for it unearths the ache. Writing is from my soul, and once it's written, it's concrete. But these occurrences of late, are rising my spirit from overflowing depths. I feel like my people, my family, the running family, has been attacked, and that angers me. I see pictures of running shoes, and race bibs, and fear and dismay, and I can't help but want to stand where others can't.

Not only was my Running Family hurt, but the heart of the American Family too. Something is stirring, we are all aware of it. I sense a camaraderie and brotherhood that is heartrending and provoking in these days. These most recent days.
We've seen the worse.

  >>---->And I don't mean to take away from any other tragedy in the world, but when The recent Newtown Massacre took the lives of more than a Hug's-full of 1st graders, it hit us all hard. It bled our hearts. The more I watched it, the more I felt a Terror. I couldn't get away from watching the news, the updates, while we were back in the states. 
I had to know answers. 


But there weren't any. 
And then it made me mad, as it still does today. 

This Terror shoved into our hearts is the very entertainment of Evil. If we allow it to oppress us, then we are 'tourniqueted' by trepidity. But how do we not? 

Jesus.


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand Isaiah 41:10

Most of us know that the point of the terrorist is to Control us...and to invoke Great Terror. This Terror then can paralyze.
...and I'm Sick of it! We can stand so petrified in one spot. 
We have News from all over the world telling us different tragedies daily. And don't get me wrong, It IS getting worse. 
Praise the Lord that His Justice has prevailed with the capturing of the 2 terrorists! 
Justice Prevails!
And it feels so great !! 
Good Job for swiftness by the FBI.

But there is Better News. Not only do we have the Answer, we belong to it: 
If we choose.
One Day, 
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4
He is coming 
& we are and can be strong in Him.
Him Alone. 
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart!
I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

Friend, If You are reading this, and wondering how you can trust a God you don't know, Trust that He knows You and even more, He loves You and wants to carry you in the battle ground. 
And just as it is at the end of a long run, we rest. Aren't you tired yet? Rest in Him.

Love in Jesus,




No comments: